The use of human mesenchymal stem/stromal cells (hMSCs) has evolved since its discovery in the early 1960s. Continuous learning about hMSCs has shifted the paradigm of these cells. While originally MSCs were solely used as a tool for basic research, our thesis is that hMSCs have graduated to the category of true “technology.”
In this White Paper, we explore how the Gartner Hype Cycle™ model of the maturity and adaptation of technologies, illustrates the rise of the MSC, the fall from grace after multiple failed clinical trials, and what we consider, the stabilization of hMSCs as a true biotechnology.
- An introduction to hMSCs and the Gartner Hype Cycle
- The evolution of the biotechnology that is the hMSC
- The MSC Hype Cycle
- How industrializing the hMSC supply chain accelerates cell therapy product development
- The expanding hMSC knowledge base
- How MSC 2.0 will drive home the next wave of innovations