Our Mission: Fuel the Rapid Commercialization of Scalable Regenerative Cures
RoosterBio, Inc. is radically simplifying the use of adult human mesenchymal stem/stromal cells (hMSCs) to propel the commercialization of regenerative technologies. RoosterBio is enabling living cellular technologies to become more affordable, easier to access, and much simpler to incorporate into product development efforts, leading to a rapid acceleration in products coming to market that incorporate these technologies.
Our Solutions to Industry Challenges
High quality MSCs have traditionally been a scarce resource in the field, being expensive and time consuming to grow, and requiring the skills of highly trained scientists to obtain quality cells. We are driving the transition of MSCs from a scarce resource into an abundant resource, increasing their availability, and decreasing the complexity required to incorporate them into products.
RoosterBio’s translation-friendly products are high volume, affordable, and well-characterized adult human mesenchymal stem/stromal cells (hMSCs) paired with highly engineered media systems. RoosterBio has simplified and standardized how living cells are purchased, expanded, and used in development, leading to marked time and costs savings for customers. We have demonstrated that our cells can be used directly out of thaw – eliminating the expansion step from initiating an experiment. RoosterBio’s innovative products are ushering in a new era of productivity and standardization into the field, accelerating the road to discovery in regenerative medicine.
RoosterBio was founded in 2013 with the intention to de-bottleneck and accelerate the adult mesenchymal stem/stromal cell industry. RoosterBio launched manufacturing operations in October 2013 and started shipping cell and media products to customers in February 2014. We have served well over 300 global customers just within the last two years, from North America to Europe to Asia. We are passionate about advancing regenerative cures into the clinic and onto the market by leveraging our cell manufacturing process innovations.
Roosters proclaim the dawn of every new day, and RoosterBio is here to proudly proclaim the dawn of a new day in Regenerative Medicine and Biofabrication.
RoosterBio was created to accelerate the biologics and biofabrication revolution much in the same way we are seeing 3D printers drive the local-maker movement. We believe that, if we can radically simplify the use of living cell technology and help make living cells into an abundant resource while driving the cost of MSCs from >$1,000 to less than $10 per million cells, we will greatly accelerate the development of next generation therapeutics, medical devices, and even consumer products, enhancing the lives of patients around the world.
Biofabrication is the creation of advanced biological models, medical therapeutic products, and non-medical biological systems.
Currently, the number and the growth of MSC trials are outpacing other cell sources. This is for several reasons.
- MSCs are a highly versatile cell type that is being used in therapeutic indications, ranging from regenerating cardiac tissue to modulating off-kilter immune responses, to treating traumatic brain injuries and even stroke and diabetes. The wide application base of human MSC systems enables RoosterBio to have a broad impact on the cell therapy industry.
- Well over 30,000 patients have been treated to-date in registered clinical trials around the globe. hMSCs have an excellent safety profile. Over 160 clinical trials were initiated in 2018 alone utilizing MSCs in a wide array of indications – a trend that is accelerating year-over-year.
- The accumulated data from MSC trials has created a more straight-forward and transparent regulatory pathway for hMSCs when compared to many other less-proven cell types, such as iPSC-based therapies.
- Scalable manufacturing innovations have been de-risked and implemented within hMSC production platforms at a pace not realized by less developed cell types, providing a clearer path to commercially relevant production volumes.
- The availability of raw materials and Xeno-free materials with log enhancements in media productivity are giving way to hyper efficient production of bulk cell mass – advancing the industry at a pace faster than ever before.
Due to their tremendous therapeutic potential, the trend of MSC technology being incorporated into regenerative therapies will continue, and there is a strong need for affordable, abundant, and extremely well characterized MSC products to enable product development and successful clinical translation. New technologies such as bioprinting, cell and tissue engineering, extracellular vesicles/exosomes, synthetic biology/gene editing, and of course, cell manufacturing sciences will continue to propel the field of Regenerative Medicine forward and further necessitate the need for the availability of large numbers (lot sizes in the tens of billions) of clinically-translatable MSCs.